Art thou pale for weariness of climbing heaven and gazing on the earth, wandering companionless among the stars that have a different birth, and ever changing, like a joyless eye that finds no object worth it's constancy? Thou chosen sister of the Spirit, that gazes on thee til in thee it pities. . . -Shelley (To The Moon)

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Alphabet Exercise



Lithograph by Ernest Lister, illustrator unknown

             Instead of posting only finished poems, I will now occasionally post writing exercises, drafts, and randomly selected pieces, so that my writing is represented in a sort of a workroom fashion. A blog isn't a book, and I haven't an editor, so I want to take advantage of the lack of judgmental chaperoning. I want to be more editorializing, too, in a way, in my comments and introductions. 

The alphabet.



Tasha Tudor
A
Apples in late-August are ample
B
Bear the fruits of imagination
C
Creases in the psyche are recommended
D
Dogs teach us how to play
E
Eligible bachelors are a societal construct
F
Friends can be a distraction
G
Glib speech is unnecessary; thought-out responses are optional
H
Hope is a fancy name for what you fear won’t happen
I
I can’t see myself except for in pieces
J
Justice as vocation
K
Killers in heaven
L
Love is the right thing
M
Marionettes strung high act
N
Nonsense the truth
O
Oh my
P
Pax
Q
Quench your eyesight with flame
R
Restrain nothing, only release
S
Summer music
T
Tease the heart
U
Us versus I
V
Vaunted beauty or none at all
Y
?yhW
Z
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers